Terrace Bike Rodeo Ramps up Community Spirit
2022-06-14 10:01 PDT
The Terrace Emergency Services Bike Rodeo 2022 was nothing short of a success.
Approximately 120 children along with families and friends came in droves to the Skeena Mall Parking lot on Saturday June 11 where the Rodeo was in full swing.
Helmets were checked for a proper fit by the Northern Brain Injury Association where many kids received new helmets.
Bike inspections and repairs were conducted by a team of bike mechanics from the local
Fix Cyclery and Cafe to ensure a safe ride.
Children made their way through a variety of stations where bikes were decorated, riding skills were taught, all while interacting with many Emergency Service Providers who volunteered their time to this event.
Image: Police Officer kneeling to talk to child on a bike about bike safety.
A big thank you goes out to all our volunteers and sponsers:
- Canadian Rangers
- Terrace Bylaw
- Terrace Search and Rescue
- Thornhill and Terrace Fire
- Conservation Officer Service
- BC Sheriffs
- RCMP/RCMP Volunteers
- The Skeena Mall – for providing the venue
- The Fix Cyclery and Café – for inspecting and repairing bikes
- Western Financial Group – for donating decorations and supplies
- Canadian Tire – for donating the grand prize of a new bicycle
- Save On Foods – for donating food supplies
- Salvation Army – for cooking and serving
- Northern Brain Injury Association - for fitting helmets
- RCMP Safety Bear
Along with hot dogs and new skills, participants went home with prize bags, while one lucky raffle winner, Jaxon Sergerie, took home the new Supercycle donated by Canadian Tire.
Information went home with children and adults on registering bikes with the 529 Garage. Bike owners can continue to register their bikes at anytime by visiting project529.com/terracercmp.
Larger Image: Raffle winner standing with new bike donated by Canadian Tire
Cst. Kelly CatesMedia Relations Officer
- Date modified: