Kelowna RCMP Target Team arrest man on stolen motorcycle
2021-11-19 13:31 PST
File # 2021-66414
Kelowna – A man is in custody after the Kelowna RCMP Target Team located a stolen motorcycle on Tuesday night.
On October 6, 2021, the Kelowna RCMP Target Team was conducting proactive enforcement checks on a man known to police and found that he was allegedly breaching a court-imposed condition. Investigators began an investigation to locate and arrest the man for his failure to comply with court imposed conditions.
On November 16, 2021, the Kelowna RCMP Target Team located a black Suzuki motorcycle that had been reported stolen earlier that day. Investigators followed the vehicle to the 2200 block of Benvoulin Road in Kelowna at which point the male driver, who was also the man who was allegedly breaching his court imposed-conditions, was taken into custody without incident.
Following his arrest, a search of the man located quantities of suspected GHB, methamphetamine and prescription narcotics, states Sgt. Desmond Kiehlbauch of the Kelowna RCMP Proactive Enforcement Unit.
The man was also allegedly driving while prohibited and in breach of various orders previously imposed on him by the courts.
As a result of the investigation, the BC Prosecution Service has charged 33-year-old Richard Daniel Hill with the following offences:
- One count of Possession of Stolen Property over $5000 of the Criminal Code
- One count of Possession of Break-in Instruments contrary to Section 351(1) of the Criminal Code
- Eight counts of Breach of Release Order contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Five counts of Breach of Probation Order contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
- Three counts of Possession of a scheduled substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Eight counts of Driving while Prohibited contrary to Section 95(1) of the Motor Vehicle Act
Mr. Hill remains in custody at this time and the investigation remains ongoing.
Cst. Solana ParéMedia Relations Officer
Kelowna Regional Detachment
1190 Richter St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 2K7
- Date modified: