Have a spooktacularly safe Halloween
Kelowna, Lake Country, West Kelowna
2021-10-28 07:54 PDT
View larger image: Kelowna RCMP's Halloween Safety Tips
As we all prepare for Halloween festivities this weekend, the Kelowna Regional RCMP has some tips for celebrating safely.
- Trick-or-treat with a group or an adult;
- Be visible. Wear bright colours or reflective gear, avoid wearing a mask that restricts your vision, and use a flashlight;
- Only go to well-lit houses;
- Have an adult inspect your treats before you eat them;
- Cross the street at intersections or crosswalks and watch for vehicles;
- Stay on sidewalks and pathways whenever possible.
- Slow down and drive with extra caution. Excited trick-or-treaters sometimes forget pedestrian safety rules;
- Ensure that your vehicle lights are on as soon as dusk hits;
- Be very careful backing up or exiting driveways;
- Have a plan for getting home safely if you’re planning on drinking or consuming drugs.
- If you are welcoming trick-or-treaters keep your home and doorway well lit and your pathways clear;
- Put away your valuables. Make sure your bikes, tools and outdoor toys are secured and out of sight;
- Secure your property. Lock up your garage or shed, take all valuables out of your vehicles and lock the doors and lock the doors and windows of your house.
Together we can ensure this Halloween is a safe, fun and spooktacular holiday.
Cpl. Tammy LobbMedia Relations Officer
1190 Richter Street
- Date modified: