BCHP and Kelowna Detachment team up at weekend check stops
Kelowna, BC Highway Patrol
2022-04-11 08:00 PDT
On April 2, 2022, BC Highway Patrol and Kelowna RCMP teamed up to conduct roving patrols and check-stops on Highway 33 and Big White Road, east of Kelowna in order to monitor traffic leaving a music event held at Big White Ski Hill.
BC Highway Patrol officers amassed the following statistics:
- 5 – 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions (meaning a FAIL on roadside test, blood-alcohol over 100 mg%);
- 3 – 3-day IRPs – (meaning a WARN on roadside test, blood-alcohol between 60-100 mg%);
- 4 roadside tests administered without enforcement action; and
- 1 Standardized Field Sobriety Test for drugs administered without enforcement action.
In addition, a number of Violation Tickets were issued:
- 10 Speeding;
- 1 Excessive Speed;
- 2 Seat Belt;
- 1 Use Electronic Device while Driving; and
- 1 Cannabis Act ticket.
BCHP’s mandate is to conduct enforcement targeting those offences which contribute to the cause of serious injury and fatal collisions: Aggressive Driving/Speeding, Distracted Driving, Impaired Driving, Unrestrained Occupants and Intersection infractions.
Enforcement operations such as this demonstrates our commitment to road safety, says Sergeant Bryce Petersen of BCHP Kelowna.
By working together with our Detachment partners we prevent crime and make our highways safer together.
BC Highway Patrol urges motorists to always wear seatbelts, follow speed limits, drive sober and distraction-free every time you get behind the wheel.
Cpl. Mike HalskovMedia Relations Officer
BC Highway Patrol
14200 Green Timbers Way, Surrey, BC V3T 6P3 - Mailstop # 804
- Date modified: